What's in this article:
Book Publisher Responsibilities
- Ensure that each book you provide has global/world sales rights. JSTOR does not support territorial sales restrictions.
- Ensure that each book has the ability to be sold under the Multiple User pricing model, as JSTOR only offers this sales model to libraries and not individuals.
- Register an eISBN for each book. The original print ISBN can’t be reused as the ISBN for the electronic version of the book.
- Send JSTOR a list of names of any distributed press arrangements as we will need to manually configure your account to accommodate these.
- Send JSTOR book supply chain metadata, complete book PDF that is DRM-free, and separate front cover image for each book.
- Send suitable and usable content. JSTOR hosts academic, scholarly, or professional books for a higher education or professional audience.
JSTOR requires book-level metadata so that not only can our system properly process your files, but also so faculty and students can find your book on the JSTOR Delivery Platform. For more information, see Metadata Requirements.